Subscribe Us

Life in a Huge Food Forest Where Tropical Fruit Grows All Year Round

Life in a Huge Food Forest Where Tropical Fruit Grows All Year Round





 Come on come on in this ancient crater Heavy rains and hot sun mean tropical fruits grow all year round In fall Kiwis are plentiful Golden light highlights guava Carambola Macadamia and jackfruit [music] Winter brings endless avocados and trees juicy with custard apples And citrus in the spring every creek is lined with fresh berries and now in the summer the orchards begin to fill with bright sweet fruits we celebrate the flavors of the season and appreciate the beauty of these trees that fed us good morning I brought the goats to this Paddock so they can eat some grass they are good at and it helps the orchard trees grow nicely Good and while I'm here I thought I'd have to check what's in season because I think the lychee should come soon if it's not


  Too wet for them I think a lot of them may have been ditched from the tree and there's a young guava that should be ready in March or April there might be a jackfruit on it I don't know I haven't checked for a while so I'll go around the orchard and toss Look what's in I brought the goats into this field but they're getting so naughty now They're trying to eat the sheep's food [music] You're definitely not that tall and you can't reach it, stop arguing with yourself [music] Are you trying to eat the food I hide away from the sheep that don't It's only when I'm not looking [music] I got this high [music] No manga this year it was so wet it's funny we got so few I mean we didn't get a full 20 mangoes last year though It was really humid in the dry seasons we live in. We'll have hundreds like buckets full of mangoes that we'll have to get through all summer we basically eat mangoes for a whole summer but wet doesn't bring mangoes but that's okay because it set off different kinds of beauties [music]


  There's been a torrential rain oh there's one that one gets a little bigger jackfruit [music] there's one jackfruit here and it's so small I still don't know it hasn't opened yet a little bit this year everything seems to be done Bringing it up here I can see there are a lot of ripe lychees in this place for the tree so we may have to go back to the fruit picker they are very green but there are a few pink ones on top which I might try to get but these will be ready soon. General but there's a big storm coming and this is up a hill so I might run home These curry leaves smell so good the goats keep nibbling on their tops so there's only a few new shoots left but I think they'll do fine. You can see these bite-size marks from this turmeric as well


  [music] So cheeky there's a storm coming in and you can feel everything so wet [music] [music] This is Cinnamon Myrtle growing outside the door It's amazing original Bush food [music] I've been looking for Lamb's Harmonia all afternoon, she's the youngest All and never really separated from the herd so we're really worried and I've looked up every hill on the farm I've been walking up and down it a few times but it's nowhere now there's a really big storm so it's very dangerous to be out there so I guess I made it home In time I hope you are still fine


  Looking for harmonia but feeling more anxious thank you very much for joining us on this steamy hot day we will see you next week amsterdam street song by Tall n blue two dutch sisters make such beautiful music together and a big thanks to our folks for all your support

Life in a Huge Food Forest Where Tropical Fruit Grows All Year Round

Post a Comment

0 Comments